CMAC – We Are Back in the Dojo!
Dear Chandler Martial Artists,
WE ARE BACK!!! This week is the week we start to ease back into life as it once was.. with some adjustments, right? We are opening the dojo this Monday, May 18, 2020 for the 6:00 PM Teen/Adult Class and the 7:00 PM Advanced Class. I cannot tell you how excited we all are to be back! I cant wait to see all your beautiful faces!
MASKS: Originally we were thinking masks were a must.. but after further research, we have decided to relax this mandate. If you would like to wear a mask, please feel free to do so, but it is no longer a requirement. Also, if you choose to train in a mask, please be warned that you may be breathing in a higher level of carbon monoxide and may very well overheat. If you do come to the dojo in a mask, please consider taking necessary precautions to be well hydrated and aware of your core temperature as you train. Always train wisely.
SOCIAL DISTANCE: We will have everyone spaced out this week in a single line, six feet a part. Later, in Phase Two of our soft opening, we will be staggering the line and incorporating more students. But for now, we are limiting class sized to 7-9 martial artists per hour. Again, classes will be ending 10-15 min early to clean the mats between classes. Please look for Sign-up Sheets for each class on Band.. they will be posted every prior evening at 8 PM.
PHASE 1 SCHEDULE:
|6:00 Teen Adult Class||4:30 Little Dragons||4:30 Bushido/LEAD||4:30 Little Dragons||10:00 Little Dragons|
|7:00 Advanced Class||5:00 Intermediate Juniors||5:30 Little Dragons||5:00 Intermediate Juniors||10:30 Family Class
Saturday Only Students
|6:00 Junior/Teen/Adult Beginners||6:00 Teen/Adult Class||6:00 Junior/Teen/Adult Beginners||11:30 Strength & Conditioning Class/Competition Team|
|6:30 Self Protection (street clothes||7:00 Advanced Class||6:30 Bushi Bunkai Jitsu|
PROTOCOLS: Below are the CMAC protocols that we will be adhering to as a community. It is important for all of us to do our part to create a safe environment in which we can train. Failure to comply with these protocols will result in removal from in-person-classes in the dojo. You may continue to train on Band, however. We must protect the entire community as well as the facility. Please read and bring a signed copy to your first class back. By returning to the dojo to train, you automatically agree to these rules:
- All martial artists and instructors will be required to self monitor for symptoms before coming into the dojo. If you are sick, please train from home. Please self-quarantine/train from home if you have experienced any of the following in the last two weeks:
- Fever or fever with cough
- Cold/flu symptoms: chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or taste
- Positive COVID-19 test
- Close contact with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19
- Please use your restroom at home before coming into the dojo to train.
- We highly recommend dropping off and picking up your martial artist promptly -thereby limiting the amount of people in the dojo at any one time. However, if it is absolutely necessary to remain with your student while they train (if they are under 8 years old), please maintain good social distancing in the lobby as well.
- Please use the hand sanitizer located near the dojo entrance as you arrive and before you leave CMAC
- Please come dressed for class in your gi.. discretely holding your obi (belt) helping to limit the amount of people in the dressing and rest rooms at this time.
- It is the responsibility of the martial artist to maintain good social distance of 6 feet in all classes. There will be no partner drills, kumite, kihons, nor jujitsu practiced during Phase 1.
- There will be cones on the mats designating each social distanced training area in Phase 1.
- It is encouraged to bring your own focus mitts and training gear from home from now on.. it will be highly discouraged to use any dojo equipment at this time.
- All mats will be disinfected between classes.
- All surfaces will be disinfected every evening.
RELEASE FORM: Thank you so much your understanding and help at this time. We are eager to resume training as safely as possible. We will be doing everything we can to make this as safe an environment, but as is true with all air-born illnesses, we cannot guarantee there will be no transmission. Reengaging in the world and in our normal activities brings an inherent risk, but we will be doing all we reasonable can as a community to reduce that risk and take care of one another. We ask that you do your part as well; self monitor, take wise precautions, and help to disinfect the areas that you used (mat clean up after each class). Should you be at any time exposed or your symptoms change, please notify CMAC and immediately self-quarantine.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending CMAC “in-person” classes and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death despite the preventative measures that CMAC has taken to keep the students, staff, and parents safe. On my behalf, and on behalf of my child, I hereby release, covenant not to sue CMAC, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of CMAC and its employees whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any karate class, test, program, or tournament.
Respectfully, __________________________ ________________________ ______
Atisa Vargas & Kelley Hutta Child(ren)’s Name & Parent/Guardian Name & Date
Chandler Martial Arts Center